Thursday, February 28, 2013

SAHM Time!



I have been a full time stay at home mom for one week now officially.  I put my notice in at the chiropractic clinic I was working as a receptionist at mid-February, which I really had no intention of doing until just a couple days before when Mya's sitter quit.  It hadn't been working out with her anyways, but her text message we received on a Saturday night didn't give us a whole lot of time to figure things out for Monday.  We lost our trust in in-home day cares situations like we had, and would only do one again if we knew the person pretty well (so we didn't have any options there).  And all of the daycares we looked into either quoted us at $200/wk for two days a week, or one was $55/day but such a small room for how many kids they had.  After lots of thinking, discussing, praying, and budget crunching, we concluded that it was best that I stay home with Mya. 

I am very happy with this decision (so is Brooks, and so is Mya!)  Our budget has never been tighter, but my house has never been cleaner :)  I know we fill find a way to manage financially.  We had been saving to buy a house, but are putting that on hold, and can use the money in a pinch.  My biggest concern is Mya and I going completely stir crazy!  About the same time all of this was going on, we took our old Ford Taurus in to be fixed finally.  It runs fine, but is super loud and we suspected there were a number of issues too.  Well, turns out the entire frame is so rusted they can't even work on it and recommend not to drive it at all anymore because it could just crumble in a crash.  Needless to say, I don't want to drive my precious child around in it, so we are stuck being homebodies for a while.  Both of us get antsy at home and enjoy being out and about so we will see how long we last before going completely crazy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment